Wow- it's hard to believe I've been back in the US now for a little over two weeks. The time has gone by fast. In general I'm happy to be back, but I'm definitely still adjusting.
It's been a huge transition for me with my grandma passing away, being reunited for the long-term with my significant other, moving back up to graduate school, and giving up the fulfilling role that I had with Peace Corps in environmental organizing.
Among all the confusing/discouraging personal and cultural changes, there are certainly many little luxuries to be excited about. On that note I'll leave you with a list of them:
(1) Hot water out of the tap!
(2) Clean water out of the tap!
(3) Laundry with a washing machine and dryer!
(4) The variety of delicious foods (ie. cheap convenience foods and restaurants...)
(5) Recycling bins!
(6) Carpeting and couches
(7) Less dirt to clean...
(8) Not sticking out all the time (or any of the time).
(9) Family and friends